Name of exercise: Air pollution task
|Size of the group||2-6|
|Age of the members||8+|
|Equipment/working environment||Paper, pens and task card, indoors|
|Aims||To lead to think air pollution and how it affects human life and climate, to guide to the ecological choices|
Description of the exercise:
Customers think what causes air pollution and how it affects human life and climate
Instructions for the advisor:
- Give instructions, paper and pens to the customer for performing the task
- During the judgment of work results, the advisor can bring out for example following matters:
- Harmful substances such as fine particles, chemicals and micro-organisms occur air pollution.
- Volcanic eruption, the dust coming with the wind, sea’s salty water splashes and organic compounds from plants are examples from natural sources of emissions
- in the cold climate as in Finland, heating of houses affects air pollution
- Air pollution may cause diseases, allergies, it may also cause harm to other living organisms such as animals and food crops, and may damage the natural or built environment
Instructions for clients:
- Think, what causes air pollution and how it affects. Write the answer in Finnish, in English and in German.
- What in this surroundings causes air pollution?
- How can you prevent air pollution? Write your answer in Finnish, in English and in German.
Link to worksheet (including solutions)