Name of exercise: Recognizing some animals
|Size of the group||2-6|
|Age of the members||5+|
|Equipment/working environment||Pictures of a rabbit, a bear, a moose, a deer, a wild boar, a lynx, and a squirrel, a paper, pens, task card, forests|
|Aims||To recognize animals|
|Remarks||You can use toys instead of the pictures|
Description of the exercise:
Customers try to recognize animals on the pictures or on the toys and name them in Finnish, German and English.
Instructions for the advisor:
- Give the customers the pictures of animals
- Give instructions, paper and pens to the customer for performing the task
- During the assessment of work results, advisor can bring out for example following matters:
- A moose is the biggest cloven-hoofed animal in our forests
- Finns respect bears, it has many favorite names.
- Sweet squirrel insidiously ransacks bird’s nests. Squirrels change the color of the coat. In winter it’s grey and in summer it’s brown
- A lynx is the only natural wild cat in Finland. Big eyes and long ears helps rabbit for observing the beasts. It runs very fast because of very strong hind legs.
- A Deer usually lives in coniferous forests.
- The wild boars mostly move at night. They defend themselves with their tusks. For example after a car crash they can be really dangerous for humans, because they are injured
Instructions for clients:
- Recognize these animals and name them in three languages, in Finnish, German and English.
Link to worksheet (including solutions)