|Size of the group||2-6|
|Age of the members||7+|
|Equipment/working environment||Paper and pens, a task card and a basket or bag for the plants, forests|
|Aims||To learn to recognize plants, to learn to walk in the nature, to feel the relaxing influence of the nature|
Description of the exercise:
Customers try to find certain plants and try to find out, which of them are spore-bearing plants. Customers collect the plants in the basket or take a picture of them to show in the assessment situation.
Instructions for the advisor:
- Give instructions, paper and pens to the customer for performing the task.
- During the assessment of work results, advisor can bring out for example following matters:
- Lichen´s structure is simple and small and often it takes the food straight from the outer surface.
- Hanging moss can grow in the ground, in the trees, in the rocks and in the walls.
- Polypody’s stick is straight, long and thick.
- Hair cap moss is dark green moss, which shape reminds of small-sized pine seedlings.
Instructions for clients:
- Try to find hanging moss, lichen, hair cap moss and polypody.
- Try to find out, which of them are spore – bearing plants and write down.
- Collect them in the basket or take pictures of them to show in the assessment situation.