Size of the group
Age of the members
A basket for branches, a task card, pens, forests
To learn to recognize some trees, to learn to walk in the nature, to experience the relaxing influence of the nature
Description of the exercise:
Customers try to find a branch of an alder, a birch, a rowan and a bird cherry. They collect them in a basket and take pictures of the trees.
Instructions for the advisor:
- Give instructions, a basket for branches, a task card and pens the to the customer for performing the task .
- During the assessment of work results, the advisor can bring out for example following matters:
- Alder’s skin is dark grey or grey
- Rowans are mostly small trees or bushes.
- Birch’s trunk and branches covers easily peeling off, mainly white with black stripes birch bark
- Bird cherry can grow to 25 meter. The bark is smooth, peeling off and rough, greyish-brown and emits an unpleasant, acrid odor.
Instructions for clients:
- Take a small branch of these trees: alder, birch, rowan, bird cherry and collect the branches in a basket.
- Take pictures of the trees.
- Draw a leaf of each tree and write the names of trees in Finnish, German and English